Motorola has announced a new smartphone in its Atrix series called the Atrix HD. We haven’t seen a lot of handsets from Motorola since the Razr and Razr Maxx, but this handset seems to be a good looking contender.
The company also launched an LTE version which will be launched in Canada and the US.
Running Android 4.0 ICS, it doesn’t have any physical or capacitive buttons, but has on screen Android buttons like the Galaxy Nexus.The Atrix HD has a large 4.5 inch HD ColorBoost display, has a Kevlar back (like the Razr) and is splash resistant. Inside there is a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 8GB internal memory with microSD card expansion, an 8MP camera at the back, a 1.3MP camera in the front, microUSB, HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a 1780mAh battery.
There hasn’t been any confirmation on pricing or availability, but we will keep an eye out for that.
Motorola Atrix HD specs:
- 4.5 inch HD ColorBoost display
- 1.5GHz dual core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- Android 4.0
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, auto focus and 1.3MP front camera
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB, HDMI
- 3 microphone audio capture for CrystalTalk PLUS noise reduction
- 69.9 x 133.5 x 8.4 mm
- 1780mAh battery
- Kevlar back and splash resistant