Last year, the Asus ZenFone Zoom was spotted at TENAA and we told you that this handset is expected to be priced around $399. Well, looks like it turns out to be true. The unlocked Asus ZenFone Zoom 64GB will be launched in the US on February 1 and will be available for purchase with a price tag of $399.
Yes, you guessed it right, going by the name, the Asus ZenFone Zoom is designed with photography in mind and offers 3x optical zoom.
The ZenFone Zoom has smooth aluminium around the edges and sports textured leather back, which Asus claims is real.
At the right side of the phone is a power button and volume rocker along with dedicated record and camera buttons. These dedicated buttons surely add to the handling and steadiness of the device while recording a video or capturing a still image.
The Asus ZenFone Zoom is powered by a 2.5GHz Intel Atom Z3590 quad-core processor which is coupled with 4GB of RAM. The graphics on the ZenFone Zoom will be handled by PowerVR G6430. You get an internal storage of 64GB on this device, whereas the external storage can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
The Asus ZenFone Zoom sports a 13MP rear camera which is the main attraction of this phone. It comes with features like dual flash, laser auto-focus, 3x optical zoom and optical image stabilization. At the front is a 5MP camera which can be used for taking selfies.
Asus ZenFone Zoom specifications:
- CPU: 2.5GHz Intel Atom Z3590 quad-core processor
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: PowerVR G6430
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.7-f/4.8, dual flash, laser auto-focus with 3x Optical Zoom and Optical Image Stabilization
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- SIM: Single SIM
- Connectivity: 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluettoh 4.0, NFC
- Dimensions: 158.9 x 78.84 x 5 ~ 11.95mm at 185g
- Battery: 3000mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
The Asus ZenFone Zoom will be available for purchase in the US on 1st of February and will be sold exclusively at B&H Photo with a price tag of $399 which is Rs.26,558 in Indian currency.
Once available in India, would you buy this phone?