9 best drawing apps for Android
Smartphones these days are getting powerful and bigger than ever before. There was a time when people didn’t like smartphones with bigger screens, however, that may not be the case with many now. Smartphones with 5-inch display are commonplace. Of course, they go all the way up to 6.44-inch (and hence are called phablets), and if you want more, there are tablets which range from 7-inch to 10-inch. Well, devices with bigger screens are always better for great gaming and multimedia experience, however, they can also double up as a canvas if you want to satisfy the inner artist in you.
With the smartphones now boasting bigger screens, and some even coming with a stylus, it’s easier to draw and create paintings and sketches on them if you want. Also, with the plethora of apps available on the Play Store, you won’t run out of options. If you are someone who likes drawing a lot, you can check out this list of best drawing apps for Android.
9 best drawing apps for Android
1. Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Create vector artwork with image and drawing layers which you can send to Adobe Illustrator CC or Photoshop CC.
- Zoom up to 64x to apply finer details.
- Sketch with five different pen tips with adjustable opacity, size and color.
- Work with multiple image and drawing layers.
- Rename, duplicate, merge and adjust each individual layer.
- Insert basic shape stencils or new vector shapes from Capture CC.
- Send an editable native file to Illustrator or a PSD to Photoshop that automatically opens on your desktop.
Download Link: Adobe Illustrator Draw
- Create sketches using fun brushes and tools.
- Free stickers.
- Build advanced sketches with layers.
- Zoom to create fine details.
- Collaborate and build on the work of others.
- Back up and sync to multiple devices.
- Make use of hashtags and mentions.
Download Link: Sketch
3. MediBang Paint – drawing
- Free access to cloud storage.
- Comic creation tools.
- 60 free brushes.
- Access to 850 tones, textures, backgrounds and word balloons.
- Use of photo to draw a picture.
- Collaborate with others and work together.
Download Link: MediBang Paint – drawing
4. SketchBook – draw and paint
- Full screen workspace and unobtrusive user interface.
- 10+ preset brushes, including customizable pencils, pens, and markers that deliver a natural drawing experience.
- Synthetic pressure-sensitivity.
- 2500% zoom for controlling the finest details of your art.
- A complete Layer Editor with up to 3 layers and 16 blending modes.
- Symmetry and proportional transform tools.
- Save your work on Dropbox.
Download Link: SketchBook – draw and paint
5. ArtFlow: Paint Draw Sketchbook
- GPU accelerated paint engine.
- 70+ brushes and tools (including smudge tool).
- Color adjustment (HSV, brightness & saturation and more).
- Hi-res canvas – up to 2048×2048, 2560×2560 or 4096×4096.
- Export to PSD, PNG or JPEG.
- Pressure sensitive pen support.
- Pressure simulation for touches.
- Create layers from imported images and photos.
- NVIDIA DirectStylus support.
- Palm rejection to avoid accidental zooming and panning when drawing.
Download Link: ArtFlow: Paint Draw Sketchbook
6. Infinite Painter
- 80+ natural brush presets.
- Draw 3D cityscapes with five different perspective guides.
- Sketch, Paint, and Blend.
- Turn a photo into a painting.
- Transform multiple layers simultaneously.
- Import and export PSD layers.
- Export images as JPEG, PNG, PSD, or ZIP.
Download Link: Infinite Painter
7. ibis Paint X
- Smooth drawing at up to 60 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes and flat brushes.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick slider that allows the quick adjustment of brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush preview.
- Layer commands such as layer duplication, import from Gallery, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- Manga tools.
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
Download Link: ibis Paint X
8. PaperOne:Paint Draw Sketchbook
- Handwriting signature in pen after you have finished the drawing.
- There’s many tools which is imitating the real paintbrush , ruler and eraser for you.
- Mark in your photo.
- Draw on picture.
- Add text input.
- Add custom cover.
- Add custom background color.
- Add graphics tools.
Download Link: PaperOne:Paint Draw Sketchbook
9. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
- Draw with pencils, pens, markers, erasers, thick acrylic, ink brush, soft pastel and watercolor paint brushes.
- Access tools that can adjust size, color, opacity and blending settings.
- Create an infinite variety of Sketch brushes using Capture CC.
- Add multiple image and drawing layers and then restack, rename, transform and merge them.
- Oorganize favorite tools and colors in the toolbar.
- Send sketches to Photoshop or Illustrator with layers preserved.
Download Link: Adobe Photoshop Sketch
So these were some of the best drawing apps for Android that you can use to create paintings and sketches on the go. If there’s an app which you think should have made it to this list, do let us know in the comments below.