As told to you before, the BlackBerry Priv has been launched in India today. It is BlackBerry’s first Android powered smartphone and is priced at Rs.62,990.
BlackBerry India made the announcement through its official twitter handle. The tweet read “#PRIV by BlackBerry to be available in India from 30 Jan 2016 at an MRP of INR 62,990/-. #PRIVinIndia” As stated in tweeted, the BlackBerry Priv is priced at Rs.62,990 and will be available from January 30 in India.
As you already know, the BlackBerry Priv is the first Android smartphone by BlackBerry so if you are the one who has used BlackBerry phones for years and swear by its security (and of course BlackBerry’s QWERTY keyboard), but, also can’t let go of the Android app eco-system, Priv is the phone you should be looking out for.
BlackBerry Priv specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor
- RAM: 3GB
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.4-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Rear Camera: 18MP with dual-LED flash, OIS and PDAF
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, micoUSB v2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: Wireless Charging, Quick Charge 2.0
- Battery: 3410mAh
Along with Priv comes add-ons like BBM, BlackBerry Device Search, BB Hub, BlackBerry Notes, BlackBerry’s DTEK, and the BlackBerry Password Keeper. So, for a price of Rs.62,990, will you be buying the BlackBerry Priv?