Centric, an India-based smartphone maker, has taken to the stage at Mobile World Congress 2019 in Barcelona to launch a slew of smartphones, including one with a pop-up front-facing camera, dubbed Centric S1.
The smartphone boasts a 6.2 Full HD+ AMOLED display offering 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 92 percent screen-to-body ratio and up to 700nits brightness. Under the hood, the device is powered by MediaTek Helio P70 chipset and will be available in two variants — 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage and 6 GB RAM + 128 GB onboard storage.
Further, the phone also comes with the trendy in-display fingerprint sensor. As for the camera, it features a dual camera setup on the back with a 16 MP primary sensor and a 5 MP secondary sensor, coupled with an LED flash. On the front side, the device has an 8 MP snapper for taking selfies and video calling, which is housed inside a pop-up module.
The phone runs Android 9 Pie operating system out of the box and is powered by a 3080 mAh battery that supports fast charging through Pump Charge 3.0 as well as supports wireless charging functionality. As per Centric, the phone can be charged up to 50% in 20 minutes.
The company has revealed that the Centric S1 is priced at $310 for the 4GB RAM model while the pricing of 6 GB RAM model is yet to be announced. The device is slated to go on sale from June 2019.
Centric S1 Specifications
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P70 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB and 6 GB
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.2 Full HD+ AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 92 percent screen-to-body ratio and up to 700nits brightness
- Rear Camera: Dual camera featuring 16 MP sensor + 5 MP sensor and LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB and 128 GB
- Other: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3080 mAh with Power Charge 3.0 and Wireless Charging
Centric S1 Pricing and Availability
- Price of 4 GB RAM model: $310
- Price of 6 GB RAM model: To be announced
- Availability: from June 2019