Android creator Andy Rubin’s Essential Phone reportedly launching soon in India
Andy Rubin – the Father of Android – launched the Essential PH-1 Android smartphone last year in May. The Essential PH-1 is popularly known as Essential Phone, and, until now, it was sold only in the US. However, if the latest report is anything to go by, then you will soon be able to buy the Essential Phone in India as well.
According to a report by TechPP, the Essential Phone is going to be launched in India either in late March or in early April. And, it will be launched in India by Amazon, hence, it will be available for purchase exclusively on Amazon India.
As far as the pricing of the Essential Phone in India is concerned, the report says it will be priced at an insanely low price of ₹24,999. That said, Essential recently launched the Halo Gray variant of this phone which comes with Amazon Alexa integration and is priced lower than the regular variants. Hence, we wouldn’t be surprised if Halo Gray variant is the one that’s launched in India.
Speaking about specifications, the Essential Phone is powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC that’s laced with 4 GB RAM. It runs stock version of Android 8.0 Oreo, and, also has dual cameras at the back. You can check out full specifications below.
Essential Phone Specifications
- Model: Essential PH-1
- Build: Titanium body and Ceramic back
- Display: 5.71-inch Quad HD CGS/LTPS Display with radiused corner (2560 x 1312 pixels resolution | 1:1000 contrast ratio | 500 nits brightness | 19:10 aspect ratio), Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo
- CPU: Up to 2.45 GHz octa-core Kyro 280 processor, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, 64-bit
- DSP Processor: Qualcomm Hexagon 682 DSP
- GPU: Adreno 540, 710 MHz, 64-bit
- Memory: 4 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128 GB UFS 2.1 internal storage
- Main Camera: Dual Camera (13 MP + 13 MP), RGB + Monochrome camera, f/1.85, Hybrid Auto Focus, Image Fusion Technology, 4K video @30fps, 1080p video @60fps, slow motion 720p video @120fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/2.2, fixed hyperfocal lens, 4K video @30fps, 1080p video @60fps, slow motion 720p video @120fps
- Connectivity and Ports: USB Type-C, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MIMO Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS and GLONASS, 60 GHz (6 Gbps) Wireless Accessory Connector, 2x accessory power pins
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient light sensor, Barometer, Accelerometer, Magnetometer and Gyroscope
- Cellular: 4G LTE, single nano SIM, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 3,040 mAh (non-removable)
There’s no word from Essential yet regarding the launch of Essential Phone in India, hence, take all the information with a proverbial grain of salt. Having said that, we would certainly love to see this smartphone coming to India. What about you?