Soon after the launch of Marathon M5 Lite in India earlier this month, the company has unveiled the Marathon M5 Mini in Nigeria.
The Gionee Marathon M5 Mini has got 1.3GHz MediaTek quad-core processor along with 2GB of RAM under the hood. It runs on Amigo 3.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and has massive 4000mAh battery to keep it running. It also boasts off a 5-inch HD display and has 16GB of internal storage.
“Gionee focuses on innovation, efficiency and affordability in ways that other brands don’t. Having received a warm reception from the Nigerian market when we introduced the Gionee M5 a few months ago, Gionee is following up with the M5 Mini.” said Somoye Habeeb, Marketing Director of Gionee Nigeria
“The Gionee M5 Mini as the name implies, is a compact version of the M5. It is just as effective and stylish, but more affordable. It can be considered a sequel to the highly durable M5, and is the latest phone to be released in Nigeria.“, Mr. Habeeb further added.
Gionee Marathon M5 Mini specifications:
- CPU: 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6580 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Operating System: Amigo 3.1 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Rear Camera: 8MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: USB OTG, FM Radio, GPS, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 4000mAh with Fast charging
There’s neither any word regarding the pricing of the Gionee Marathon M5 Mini, nor any information regarding its availability in other countries.