Popular Twitter client for Symbian OS, Gravity has received an important upgrade taking the version of the application to v2.80 Build 7235.
With the build 7235, @Janole, the maker of the app has brought in support for a new social network called the App.net which is an ad-free social network with a yearly member fee.
Jan Ole has also included loads of new features like, on older S^3 phones (N8, C7, E7), the screen is rendered at 60 frames per second like on Belle FP2 phones and previewing of SkyDrive, 9gag, Cam+ and Droplr has been added.
Full changelog for Gravity v2.80 build 7235:
New Feature: App.net support:
- See your timeline, your mentions, friends and followers
- Read the global stream, check out new users and follow them – if you like
- Fetch threads or search for #hashtags
- Preview images posted to App.net just like you’re used to on Twitter
Improvements & Bug Fixes:
- Network Stack rewritten and optimized (for slow connections)
- Screen rendering performance improved
- On older S^3 phones (N8, C7, E7), the screen is rendered at 60 frames per second like on
- Belle FP2 phones. You can disabled this feature from the View Settings.
- On S60v5 and S^3, the bottom toolbar can be switched to black
- Foursquare: the “Map” button for your profile works again
- Facebook: the “Send Message” button on friends’ profiles works again
- Del.icio.us: tagging of URLs uploaded to Delicious.com is fixed
- Integrated web browser improved for S^3, Anna & Belle
- Twitter Profile view finally shows “FOLLOWS YOU” again
- Profile view optimized – still not 100% fine on older S60v3 phones
- Experimental: on S^3, you can dim the screen by 50% (globally)
Features & Fixes from earlier releases:
- Cover Images for Facebook, Twitter, App.net and Foursquare
- Previewing of SkyDrive, 9gag, Cam+ and Droplr added
To download the latest version of Gravity and enjoy the new features along with the improved UI head over here.