HTC Butterfly launched in India
The HTC Butterfly was being teased by HTC India in the past couple of weeks and today the Taiwanese giant has officially announced the launch of 5-inch full-HD smartphone making it the first smartphone with a 1920 x 1080 pixels display to launch in the Indian subcontinent.
The HTC Butterfly is the international variant of the HTC Droid DNA which was launched in the US and the Butterfly J in Japan.
- 5-inch Super LCD 3 capacitive screen
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- Expandable to 32 GB via microSD slot
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS
- 8 MP rear facing camera
- 2.1 MP ultra-wide angle front facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Wireless charging, Wi-Fi
- 2020 mAh battery
The HTC Butterfly runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS and gets all its juice from a 2020 mAh battery. The smartphone has been priced at Rs.49,990 (MRP) but HTC has decided to sell the Butterfly at a best buy price of Rs.46,000 in the Indian subcontinent.