HTC One (M8) starts receiving Marshmallow update in India
Earlier this week, HTC announced that the One (M8) in UK will be receiving the Marshmallow update. Now, HTC has started rolling out the Marshmallow update for the One (M8) in India as well.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the HTC One (M8) is available over-the-air (OTA), but, in case you don’t receive a notification, you can manually check for the update by going into Settings>About Phone>System Update. As can be seen in the image above, the Marshmallow update changes the software number and HTC Sense version to 220.127.116.11 and 7.0 respectively, which means the One (M8) will be having the Sense 7 UI on it.
It’s worth noting that the HTC One (M8) was launched in 2014 and this Marshmallow update might just be the last software update that the One (M8) will receive. The reason for saying so is that according to Google’s rules, the manufacturers are bound to provide all the software updates to the smartphone till 18 months from the time it was released. The manufacturers are free to provide updates after this period though, but generally no one does.
HTC One (M8) specifications:
- CPU: 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop (Android 6.0 Marshmallow rolling-out)
- Display: 5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: Dual 4MP (ultra-pixel) with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: microUSB v2.0, 2G, 3G, 4G LTE, GPS, FM Radio, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Color: Gunmetal Gray, Amber Gold, Glacial Silver
- Battery: 2600mAh Li-Poly
Has your HTC One (M8) received the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update yet?