The much awaited Huawei Mate 8 has been officially announced in China by the company today. The Mate 8 sports 6-inch display with some high-end specs.
Powering the Mate 8 is Kirin 950 chipset which consists of 4 high-power Cortex A72 processors clocked at 2.3GHz and 4 low-power Cortex A53 processors clocked at 1.8GHz. These processors will be accompanied by either 3GB or 4GB RAM. Graphics on this device will be pumped up by the Mali-T880MP4 GPU.
The internal storage on the Mate 8 consists of 32GB of space, whereas the 4GB RAM variant will be having 64GB of internal storage. The Mate 8 will run on EMUI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and, powering this device is a 4000mAh battery.
At the back is a 16MP Sony IMX298 camera along with a fingerprint scanner below it, whereas the front of the device houses an 8MP Sony IMX179 camera. The Huawei Mate 8 also boasts off a massive 6-inch IPS LCD display.
Huawei Mate 8 specifications:
- CPU: Kirin 950 octa-core processor (4x 2.3GHz Cortex A72, 4x 1.8GHz Cortex A53)
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- GPU: ARM Mali-T880MP4
- Operating System: EMUI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 6-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 16MP Sony IMX298 rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and 3-axis OIS
- Front Camera: 8MP Sony IMX179 front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 4000mAh
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gray, and Mocha Brown
Talking about the build of Huawei Mate 8, it’s body is made up of aerospace-grade aluminum and unique 2.5D curved diamond cut glass. As of now, there isn’t much information regarding other specs and features of the Mate 8. The company will be displaying this device at CES 2016 where more information is expected to be shared by them.
As for the availability of this device, it will be available in China in Q1 2016 after its unveiled at CES. There’s no word regarding availability of Huawei Mate 8 outside of China.