LG X Venture announced, features an ultra-rugged body with QuickButton
LG today announced its ultra-rugged smartphone that joins the X-Series. The LG X Venture is an affordable smartphone with a shock-resistant body as well as dust and water resistant design making it a great choice for those looking for a phone that can resist everything.
On the design front, the body is made of aluminum and the back uses a rugged plastic material. The LG X Venture is a military grade device, it has passed 14 MIL-STD 810G tests which are designed for the US Military. The phone is resistant to extreme temperatures, shocks, water (up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes), and can survive falls of a few meters in height.
Spec-wise, it flaunts a 5.2-inch full HD display with IP68 certification. What’s inside is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 CPU accompanied by 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage which expands at great heights up to 2 TB via MicroSD. For the cameras, there’s a 16 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera with 120-degree wide angle lens.
Surprisingly, it packs a huge 4,100 mAh battery and it comes with a shortcut button known as QuickButton that can be customized by the user in three different modes, single press, double press or holding the button. One of the characteristics of the QuickButton is that it allows you to perform up to 6 different functions. LG X Venture runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. LG promises a 24-hour battery life along with fast charging that can charge the battery to 50% in 48 minutes.
LG also features an app called Outdoor Essentials that includes solutions such as Compass, Barometer, Step counter, and direct access to weather information.
LG X Venture Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS Display (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution)
- Protection: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, on Home button
- Software: Android 7.0 Nougat
- CPU: Up to 1.4 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC internal storage, MicroSD up to 2 TB
- Main Camera: 16 MP
- Front Camera: 5 MP wide angle
- Connectivity: Micro USB, 3.5 mm stereo jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS
- Others: Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, QuickButton, Outdoor Essentials, FM Radio
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer
- Cellular: 4G LTE network
- Battery: 4,000 mAh (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 154.0 mm x 75.8 mm x 9.29 mm
- Weight: 166 .5 grams
- Colors: Black, Brown
LG X Venture Price and Availability
LG has confirmed the availability in North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa in the coming weeks. For the pricing, there is no official announcement, expect it to be around $330 (~₹21,000).