MediaTek announces Helio P20 SoC with Mali-T880 GPU and support for 24 MP camera
MediaTek has announced the Helio P20 SoC, successor to the Helio P10. The Helio P20 is manufactured using a 16nm process technology and will provide better battery life and performance to premium, thin-design smartphones.
The Helio P20 becomes the first SoC to support LPDDR4X (low power double data rate) memory. The P20 features octa-core processor clocked at 2.3 GHz. It also features ARM’s Mali-T880 MP2 GPU which is clocked at 900 MHz.
The Helio P20 also supports 24 MP single camera or 13+13 MP dual cameras. It comes with MediaTek’s Imagiq Image Signal Processor (ISP) which includes features like dual PDAF and 12-bit Dual ISP support for Bayer & Mono sensors.
“MediaTek designed the MediaTek Helio P20 to meet today’s consumer demand for sleek, powerful yet highly power efficient mobile devices. Consumers place increasing importance on the battery life and multimedia capabilities of their smartphones. MediaTek has risen to this challenge with a leading solution.” said Jeffrey Ju, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer at MediaTek.
The P20 is also equipped with WorldMode LTE Cat.6 which supports 2×20 carrier aggregation at speeds of up to 300 Mbps downlink and 50 Mbps uplink. It also supports global Dual-SIM Dual Standby, multimedia broadcast as well as multicast service.
MediaTek Helio P20 specifications:
- CPU: 8x Cortex-A53, up to 2.3 GHz
- RAM: Up to 2 x LPDDR4X 1600MHz (up to 6 GB) + 1x LPDDR3 933Mhz (up to 4 GB) + eMMC 5.1
- GPU: Mali T-880 MP2 900MHz
- Display: Full-HD 1920×1080 60fps. 2x DSI for dual display
- Camera: Up to 24 MP at 24 FPS w/ZSD, 12-bit Dual ISP, 3A HW engine, Bayer & Mono sensor support
- Video Encode: Up to 4Kx2K 30 fps H.264
- Video Decode: Up to 4Kx2K 30 fps H.264/265
- Modem: LTE FDD TDD R.11 Cat.6 with 2×20 CA. C2K SRLTE. L+W DSDS support
- Audio: 110 db SNR & -95 db THD
- Connectivity: Wi- Fi ac/a/b/g/n (with MT6630), GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Bluetooth, FM
Is your smartphone powered by a MediaTek SoC?