Moto G 3rd gen starts receiving Marshmallow goodness in India
It’s time to cheer up Moto G 3rd gen owners, Motorola has finally started rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in India. Motorola has already rolled out the Marshmallow update in the US and Canada last month.
The announcement about the update roll-out was made by Motorola India’s official Twitter handle. The tweet read “Here is something new and amazing for your Moto G (3rd Gen.), the Android 6.0 Marshmallow!“. The update size is said to be of 2GB in size.
Going by the tweets of many users, it looks like many users haven’t yet received the Marshmallow update and are getting a message saying they are on the latest version already. There might be some technical error from Motorola’s end causing such issues.
The new update will bring in features like Google Now On Tap, Doze, App permissions feature and some other features as well along with newer UI and Google’s December security patch.
Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen specifications:
- CPU: 1.4GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- RAM: 1GB/2GB
- GPU: Adreno 306
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Android 6.0 Marshmallow update rolling out
- Display: 5-inch HD display (1280 x 720 pixels) with Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Internal Storage: 8GB/16GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi, GPS, micro USB
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Battery: 2470mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
The specifications mentioned above are for the model available in India. The 2GB RAM variant of the Moto G 3rd Gen is available for Rs.12,999 on Flipkart.com
Has your Moto G 3rd gen received the Marshmallow update yet? Let us know in the comments.