Motorola ADMIRAL, available on Sprint Direct Connect at $99
Motorola has announced the availability of Motorola ADMIRAL, which would be the first Android powered device with Sprint Direct Connect, which is an instant push-to-talk service for groups and individuals. Moto ADMIRAL will be available from October 23 for $99.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.
- 1.2GHz processor, 3.1-inch VGA touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Quickoffice to view and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe PDF documents on the go
- 5-megapixel camera at the rear with flash and 720p HD video capture capability
- Access to Android Market
- Support of Adobe Flash Player
- 3G Mobile hotspot capability, Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
- 4GB internal memory with option to increase with up to 32GB micro SD card
- Will work on Sprint 3G (EVDO Rev. A)
- Sprint Direct Connect – It is an Instant, one-to-one push-to-talk calling on the Sprint network, with any other Direct Connect subscriber.
- NextMail – Users can send a recorded message to any email worldwide or mobile handset via text message by using the Direct Connect button.
- Call Alert with Text – Users can send an audio alert with an optional text message to let another Direct Connect subscriber know you are trying to reach them and why.
- Group Connect – This will allow Direct connect users to communicate with up to 20 other Sprint Direct Connect subscribers all at once.
- Availability Notification – Users can request the availability status of another push-to-talk member and, in case they are busy, request a notification when they are free.