Nokia 4.2 featuring Snapdragon 439 SoC and dual rear cameras launched
HMD Global has launched a few smartphones at its Mobile World Congress event. Along with its flagship Nokia 9 PureView and budget Nokia 3.2, the company has launched another budget smartphone — Nokia 4.2, which is also a part of Android One programme.
The Nokia 4.2 features a 5.71-inch HD+ notched display with 720 x 1520 pixels screen resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the device is powered by quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset, paired with 2GB/3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage.
It has a microSD card slot for expanding the phone’s storage capacity up to 400GB. Taking care of the photography needs is a dual-camera setup on the back, consisting of a 13-megapixel primary sensor and a 2-megapixel secondary sensor.
On the front side, it features an 8-megapixel selfie shooter. The galss-bodied smartphone also has a fingerprint sensor for added security. As said, the phone is a part of Android One and runs Android 9 Pie operating system out-of-the-box.
Connectivity options on the smartphone include Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and micro-USB. The phone is powered by a 3000mAh battery.
The Nokia 4.2 will be available in two color options — Black and Pink Sand. The 2GB RAM model is priced at $169 while the 3GB RAM model carries a price tag of $199. It will be available for purchase from April.
Nokia 4.2 Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor
- GPU: Adreno 505 GPU
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB / 32GB
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie with Android One
- Display: 5.71-inch HD+ display with 720 x 1520 pixels screen resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel primary sensor + 2-megapixel secondary sensor
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel fixed-focus with an f/2.0
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and micro-USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 3000mAh battery
Nokia 4.2 Price and Availability
- Price of 2GB RAM model: $169
- Price of 3GB RAM model: $199
- Availability: April 2019