Nokia Beta Labs has launched the Nokia Maps update v 3.08. The new update brings in some new tweaks, assures to fix bugs, give better traffic information and includes an all new weather app. (We are not very sure if the traffic information works for India as of yet.)
What’s different in this version of Maps v3.08?
- Weather app – get local conditions by the hour and forecasts for the week
- Live traffic routing info included into Drive start screen
- Metric/imperial toggle from Drive UI removed
- Search result details are easier to read
- Cleaner UX framework
- New SmartInstaller installation UI
What’s different from v3.07?
- Drive Enhancements: Live traffic routing takes traffic information into account to avoid traffic jams automatically (available in Germany, France, US, UK and Russia).
- Turn on “Avoid traffic” in your “Route settings” to take traffic conditions into account while you drive. Always get the best route for right now.
- New Drive look & feel – home screen now has buttons for “Set destination,” “Drive home” and “Just drive.”
- “Just drive” or Drive assistance shows your accurate speed, gives speed warnings, the distance driven and real time traffic.
- New information bar on Drive navigation and Drive assistance screens.
- Also easily toggle between Estimated Time of Arrival in minutes or distance to your destination – just tap the icon on the screen.
- New option menus in Drive.
- Set a contact as a destination.
- Easily change your settings during Drive navigation. Changes in settings are immediate and can been seen instantly.
- Long tap is now available to give quick access to “Drive to,” “Walk to,” “Share” and various lists.
- Settings reorganized to “General” “Maps & Walk” and “Drive.”