Latest OxygenOS Open Beta updates bring in auto call pick-up gesture, improvements to Gallery and more to OnePlus 3/3T
OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta update 32 and 23 for OnePlus 3 and 3T respectively, but neither of them bring Android 8.1 Oreo to these smartphones
Yesterday, OnePlus released OxygenOS Open Beta update 6 and 4 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T respectively that brought in Android 8.1 Oreo to both these smartphones. Well now, the company has released OxygenOS Open Beta updates for its 2016 flagships as well – the OnePlus 3 and 3T.
OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta update 32 and 23 for OnePlus 3 and 3T respectively. While neither of these updates upgrade the 3/3T to Android 8.1 Oreo, they do come along with some new additions and improvements.
The Open Beta updates for both these 2016 smartphones introduce auto pick-up gesture that allows the users to answer an incoming call just by raising the phone. No need to swipe on the screen. Apart from that, the updates also bring an updated version of the Gallery app, and, also come along with Android security patch that’s dated February 1, 2018.
Here’s the entire changelog of OxygenOS Open Beta update 32 and 23 for OnePlus 3/3T:
- New auto pick up gesture: answer an incoming call by raising the phone
- New design for Collections tab in Gallery app v2.5
- Added reorder function for Collections in Gallery app v2.5
- Added recently deleted Collection in Gallery app v2.5
- OnePlus Switch: Added support to migrate application data, allowing you to switch between devices seamlessly
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- General bug fixes and improvements
These Open Beta updates are rolled out over-the-air, but, only those users will receive it who have already flashed their OnePlus 3/3T with an Open Beta build. If you are on the stable build, you won’t receive this Open Beta update.