OxygenOS Open Beta update brings Ambient Display 2.0, new OnePlus fonts and more to OnePlus 3 and 3T
Even though OnePlus CEO Pete Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus 3 and 3T will be updated to Android O, owners of either of these smartphones will have to wait a lot because Google hasn’t publicly released Android O yet, and even after its release, users shouldn’t expect the update to arrive on their devices within a month or two. Well, having said, while there’s still time for OnePlus 3 and 3T users to receive Android O update, OnePlus is rolling out some new features to both these devices through OxygenOS OS Open Beta update.
OxygenOS Open Beta updates 17 and 8 are now available for the OnePlus 3 and 3T respectively. Both these updates are based on Android 7.1.1. Nougat and brings in some new features and optimizations to the 3 and the 3T.
Here’s what the Open Beta update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T comes with:
- Ambient display 2.0
- Lift up display
- Sharing functionality for Shot on OnePlus
- All new OnePlus Font (Available in English, Chinese, and Japanese only)
- UI improvements for Gallery, Recorder, Weather and File Manager app
- Enhanced launching speed of 3rd-party apps
- Optimized management of foreground and background processes
- Setup wizard adjusted to suit the style of Android 7.1
- Refined contact import process from SIM card, now supports dual numbers and an email address
- Automatically add corresponding country codes when making calls during roaming
- Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
Those users who are already on the Beta channel will receive this update over-the-air, however, those who aren’t, will have to flash their 3 or 3T with the beta version. Also, once you flash your device with the Beta version, you will no longer receive the stable builds.
You can head on to the download links below for instructions on how to flash your OnePlus 3 or 3T with the beta version. For more details about this beta update, you can head on to the Source link below.