Panasonic announces rugged ‘Toughpad’ Android tablets
Panasonic has announced a 10-inch and a 7-inch tablet that are said to be professional-grade Android-powered tablets that are rugged and will be supported by an eco-system that includes an enterprise focused app store, peripherals, developer tools, deployment support and more.
Panasonic Toughpad A1 specifications:
- Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
- Marvell 1.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor
- MicroSD optional up to 32GB
- 1GB RAM
- 10.1” XGA (4:3), capacitive multi-touch with anti-reflective and anti-glare treatment and built in ambient light sensor
- IP65 certified
- Temperature rating
- Micro-USB, microSDHC, micro HDMI
- 5MP rear, 2MP front
- 4G (LTE or WiMAX), 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR, Satellite GPS
- Hardware-level security, FIPS 140-X and HIPPA compliant, cable lock slot
- 10.5 x 8.3 x 0.67 inch
The 7-inch Toughpad B1 will be released later in 2012 which is a smaller version of the A1.