The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is in news lately as the possible specs of the tablet have already leaked last week and we expect the tablet to be unveiled at the upcoming Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013.
And today it is being said that Samsung’s Head of Mobile Communications, JK Shin has all but confirmed that the so-called Apple iPad Mini competitor will be announced at the Mobile World Congress next month.
The news comes in from Korean news outlet iNews24 (via) to whom Shin has confirmed the existence of the Note 8.0 but no further details has been provided by him. It is also to be noted that the same site got the confirmation on the launch of the Galaxy S III Mini from Shin which make this news much more credible.
The expected specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-5100
- 8-inch TFT Super Clear LCD display
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos 4412 processor
- 2 GB
- 16 GB/32GB internal memory
- Expandable via microSD up to 32GB
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS
- 5 MP rear camera
- 1.3 MP front facing camera
- 211.3 x 136.3 x 7.95 mm
- 330 grams
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, A-GPS
- 4,600 mAh battery
It would be interesting to see how the Galaxy Note 8.0 is able to compete with the iPad Mini and how well the device is priced and how soon it is available in the market.