After announcing the Galaxy Xcover 3 almost two years ago, Samsung has now announced the Galaxy Xcover 4, which as the name suggests, is a successor to the Xcover 3.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 is powered by Exynos 7570 SoC which is coupled with 2 GB RAM and backed by a Mali-T720 GPU. It sports a 4.99-inch HD display which is kept on by a 2800 mAh battery. The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 boots up to Android 7.0 Nougat and has 16 GB of storage on board.
Specs wise, the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 may not the best smartphone with blazing fast performance, however, it’s not meant to be either. The Galaxy Xcover 4 shines when it comes to ruggedness and durability. Firstly, it is IP68 certified which is the highest level of dust and water-resistance found on a smartphone. This means you can submerge it in water at a depth of 1.5 meters for 30 minutes and still get away with it like it was no big deal. Secondly, the Galaxy Xcover 4 is MIL-STD 810G certified which is a US Military standard. This means you need not worry about the dropping the phone or using it in extreme low or high temperatures. Apart from this, the display will respond even when you have your hand gloves on.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 specifications:
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Exynos 7570 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 4.99-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) TFT display
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, NFC
- Other: IP68 dust and water-resistance, MIL-STD 810G certified
- Battery: 2800 mAh
Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4 Price and Availability:
- Price: €259 (around $270/₹18,200)
- Availability: To be available in Europe from April