Say hello to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Stop the rumours as the next big device is now official. The moment that you have been waiting for is here. Samsung has finally announced the Galaxy Nexus that will be boasting Google’s latest Android 4.0 platform aka Ice Cream Sandwich. As the rumours suggested it features a 4.65 inch HD Super AMOLED display at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor.
Here are the highlights of the handset:
- The Galaxy Nexus will be the first handset to run ICS which brings an entirely new look and feel to Android.
- The handset also feature software navigation buttons, which means no hardware keys for the Android Home, Back and Menu navigation buttons.
- There is also a 5MP camera which introduces panorama mode, 1080p video capture, zero-shutter lag, and effects like silly faces and background replacement.
- NFC is also available on the handset with a new Android feature called Android Beam which allows you to quickly share web pages, apps, and YouTube videos with your friends by simply tapping your phones together.
- Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 and USB.
- An LTE version for the US and an HSPA version for the Global market will be launched.
The new Galaxy Nexus is said to be available in the U.S., Europe, and Asia beginning in November and gradually rolled out to other global markets.