Along with the official launch of the Sony Xperia Z smartphone, Sony has also announced the launch of the Sony Xperia ZL which arrives with the same specifications as that of the Sony Xperia Z but in a thicker frame.
Sony aims to release Xperia ZL in select markets and the device arrives with a 5-inch full-HD Reality Display with Mobile Bravia Engine 2. The smartphone is powered by 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor couple with 2 GB RAM.
Sony has included 16 GB of internal memory which is expandable to 64 GB via microSD card. The Xperia ZL is not water and dust proof like the Xperia Z and is also a bit thicker at 9.8mm. The smartphone arrives with the same 13 MP camera on the rear with LED Flash. Sony has interestingly placed the 2 MP front facing camera at the bottom of the smartphone.
The Sony Xperia ZL arrives with the following specifications:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS Sensor
- 16 GB internal memory
- Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- 9.8mm thick
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box, upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- LTE, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 2330 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia ZL will be made available in Black and White color options in selected market in Q1 2013. No information on the pricing of the smartphone is available as of yet.