Chinese manufacturer TCL has launched its first smartphone in India. The TCL 560 has been launched in India for ₹7999 at an event in New Delhi.
The main highlight of the TCL 560 is its Eye Verify technology. This technology makes use of the Iris Scanner of the device to authenticate the user. As obvious, the front camera is used to authenticate the user by scanning the retina after which the device is unlocked.
The device is powered by Snapdragon 210 SoC which is paired with 2 GB RAM and Adreno 304 GPU. It flaunts a 5.5-inch HD display and packs a 2500 mAh battery. The TCl 560 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Inlife UI on top of it.
“The Indian smartphone market is constantly evolving and the young generation understands technology, consumers are looking for unique smartphones with advanced features and high standards to gain the maximum experience. Our strong in-house research and development team have helped in customising the smart phone especially for such consumers. Maintaining the brand’s legacy, we are looking forward to make this brand a success in the Indian fast growing Smart Phone Market. This launch is just the start of a journey of launching a comprehensive mobile and digital portfolio.” said Praveen Valecha, Regional Director, TCL India.
TCL 560 specifications:
- CPU: 1.1 GHz Snapdragon 210 quad-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Adreno 304
- Operating System: Inlife UI based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with LED flash
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G, VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Colors: Dark Grey, Metallic Gold
- Battery: 2500 removable battery
The TCL 560 will be available exclusively on Amazon India from tomorrow. However, TCL 560 is not the only smartphone available with Iris Scanner in India. The LYF Earth 2 which was launched last week in India also comes with Iris Scanner.