Telecom News, Mobile Phones Price & Specifications

Ads in Android Apps utilize a large amount of battery

0
Almost everyone who owns an Android smartphone complains about the poor battery life. While there are a number of reasons as to why Android smartphones require a lot of juice, Android apps itself are a big battery consumer. A study shows that a large amount of the battery drain caused by Android apps is due to the ads and the tracking software embedded in them.

Android-low battery

The study included analyzing of some Android apps including Angry Birds, FreeChess, and the New York Times on an Android 2.3 Gingerbread smartphone.


The results showed that 30% of the battery life consumed by Angry Birds was the game itself, and the remaining 70% was consumed by location tracking, user information data, and the download and display of ads.

Even the FreeChess app showed similar results, with 70% of the game’s battery usage going towards ads and ad services. The New York Times and the native Android browser were slightly better, where ads consumed 15% of the battery power used by those apps.

So, I guess this will be a good lesson for all app developers.

Via

You might also like

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

avatar