Alcatel, a smartphone brand owned by TCL Communication has announced two new Alcatel 1T series tablets at MWC event both running Android 8.1 Oreo and featuring Kids Mode. The Alcatel 1T 10 sports a 10.1-inch display, a larger size variant of the Alcatel 1T 7.
The Alcatel 1T 10 is a 10.1-inch tablet with multi-touch IPS display having a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. Featuring Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box which is the latest ongoing version of Google Android.
It features Kids Mode in which a set of pre-loaded apps and content are added including a camera app for kids, drawing app, games, and built-in parental controls. In addition to the features, it comes with FM Radio and an Eye Care mode which reduces eye strain by filtering out the Blue light.
It is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor from MediaTek MT8321 SoC. Further, it has a 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16 GB of internal storage that expands up to 128 GB via microSD. For the battery, it’s powered by a 4,000 mAh capacity battery.
The cameras on the tablet are 5 MP on both sides, 5 MP camera on the front and 5 MP camera on the back. The connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, micro USB 2.0 port and a 3.5 mm audio jack.
The Alcatel 1T 10 tablet will be available in Q2 this year in selected countries Europe, Latin America, and Asia. Pricing details are not yet announced.
Alcatel 1T 10 specifications
- Display: 10.1-inch IPS touch display, 1280 × 800 pixels resolution
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo
- CPU: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, MediaTek MT8321 SoC
- GPU: TBD
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, LPDDR3
- Storage: 16 GB internal memory, expandable up to 128 GB with microSD
- Main Camera: 5 MP
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP
- Dimensions: 255 mm x 155 mm x 9.35 mm
- Weight: 415 grams
- Connectivity: micro USB 2.0, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 4,000 mAh battery
Alcatel 1T 10 Pirce & Availability
- Price: TBA
- Availability: Q2 2018 in Europe, Latin America, Asia