Alcatel 1X Android Oreo (Go Edition) smartphone announced at MWC 2018
Alcatel 1X Android Oreo (Go Edition) announced at Mobile World Congress held at Barcelona. The company has already announced its latest smartphones in the Alcatel 1, 3 and 5 series, this is the Android Go variant of the Alcatel 1X.
The Alcatel 1X (Android Go) flaunts a 5.3-inch IPS display with FWVGA+ resolution (480 x 960 pixels) with 18:9 aspect ratio. Cameras include an 8 MP rear camera and a 5 MP front camera.
Speaking about its specifications, it’s powered by an entry-level MediaTek MT6580 SoC which is capable of running Android Oreo (Go Edition) on it. The Oreo Go is designed for low-end hardware, the Alcatel 1X (Android Go) will eventually provide users a better Android experience.
Furthermore, the specs include 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support of up to 128 GB and a quad-core processor that’s clocked at 1.3 GHz combined with a Mali-T400 MP2 GPU. It runs on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition) and backed up by a 2,460 mAh battery.
The Alcatel 1X (Android Go) It holds a price tag of 100 Euros which is equivalent to Rs7,990 in India. It will be available in April 2018 in selected countries.
Alcatel 1X (Android Go) Specifications
- Display: 5.3-inch IPS display, FWVGA+ resolution (480 x 960 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio
- Software: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition)
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back (Alcatel 1X)
- CPU: 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, MediaTek MT6580 SoC
- GPU: Mali-T400 MP2
- Memory: 1 GB RAM, LPDDR3 (2 GB on Alcatel 1X)
- Storage: 16 GB internal, expandable memory up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Main Camera: 8 MP f/2.0, LED flash (13 MP on Alcatel 1X)
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP (8 MP on Alcatel 1X)
- Connectivity: Micro USB, 3.5 mm jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, FM Radio, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, VoLTE-enabled, single SIM or Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 147.5 mm x 70.6 mm x 9.15 mm
- Weight: 151 grams
- Battery: 2,460 mAh
Alcatel 1X (Android Go) Price & Availability
- Price: 100 Euros (~Rs7,990)
- Availability: April 2018