Amazon Appstore celebrates first anniversary, discounts galore
So for all its customers Amazon has reduced the prices of some apps which will be available for the reduced price for a week. But there is a catch, first an app goes on sale today, tomorrow, two apps will go on sale, on the third day three apps will be discounted and so on.
- Fruit Ninja
- Wolfram Alpha
- Splashtop Remote Desktop
- Dr. Seuss’s The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
- TuneIn Radio Pro
- The Lost City
- AccuWeather Platinum
- Jamie Oliver’s 20 Minute Meals
Amazon is also having a sweepstakes in which it is giving away eight Kindle Fire tablets by March 31st.
- The Appstore’s most downloaded application was Cut the Rope, followed by Angry Birds and Where’s My Water?
- Each day the Appstore offered 1 paid application for free. If you never missed those promos, you have saved $1,000
- The Amazon Appstore allows you to test drive an app. Users spent 7,700,000 minutes test driving applications
- Games are the most popular app category followed by entertainment and productivity