Android 4.0 ICS for Sony Xperia Go, Xperia U & Xperia Sola now rolling it
Sony has today announced officially that it is starting to roll out the much awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS upgrade for Sony Xperia Go, Xperia U and Xperia Sola smartphones.
Sony has said that the roll out has started and will continue over the new few weeks in the markets all over the world.
Sony has announced that along with the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS, the manufacturer has also included some new features and functionalities which are as follows:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Along with these new features and ICS love, Sony has also announced a ‘Glove Mode’ which is an upgrade for Xperia. It is said to be an extension of the ‘floating touch’ technology that makes it possible for users of Xperia sola to use the smartphone whilst wearing gloves.
So if you own a Sony Xperia Go, Xperia U or Xperia Sola smartphone, then keep a watch for the notification of the upgrade to pop up and taste some ICS love.