Android Market dead; Welcome Google Play
Google leaves no leaf unturned when it comes to providing a great user experience and also challenging its rivals with something new. So continuing this trend, from today, Google’s Android Market, Google Music and the Google eBookstore will be a part of Google Play.
Wondering what is Google Play? Well Google Play is a digital entertainment destination where Android users can find, enjoy and share your favorite music, movies, books and apps on the web and on your Android phone or tablet.
The best thing about Google Play is that you can buy and use all the movies, apps, eBooks from a single place but also it is that everything a user buys is stored in the cloud, meaning they can switch devices without ever having to sync anything and also not lose any data.
Users can start a movie on their smartphone and end up watching it on their LCD. They can start reading a book on their tablet and may finish it on their timy Android mobile. It is all possible now.
With Google Play you can:
- Store up to 20,000 songs for free and buy millions of new tracks
- Download more than 450,000 Android apps and games
- Browse the world’s largest selection of eBooks
- Rent thousands of your favorite movies, including new releases and HD titles
As for now, the Google Play service will depend region-wise and will have the following content:
- U.S. – Music, Movies, Books and Android apps are available in Google Play.
- Canada & U.K. – Movies, Books and Android apps are available in Google Play
- Australia – Books and Apps are available in Google Play
- Japan – Movies and Apps are available in Google Play
- Everywhere else – Google Play will be the new home for Android apps.
We hope that this new initiative by Google is appreciated by users and is a success! Catch a video about Google Play below.