Back at Computex 2012, ASUS went on to showcase its 10.1 inch Windows RT OS running Tab 600 with Keyboard/Battery Dock.
And now at the ongoing IFA 2012, the Taiwanese giant has gone ahead and announced the tablet officially as ASUS Vivo Tab RT.
The ASUS Vivo Tab RT runs on the Windows RT which is nothing but Windows 8 for tablets running on ARM based processors.
Going by the specification the ASUS Vivo Tab RT will now arrive with:
- 10.1 inch screen comes with a Super IPS+ display
- Screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels
- Powerful quad-core Tegra 3 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 8 MP rear facing camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front facing camera
- Full USB 2.0 port
- 32 GB of internal storage
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- Sensors like the accelerometer, gyroscope and much more.
In other words, the ASUS Vivo Tab RT is nothing but ASUS Transformer running on Windows 8 OS.
The company has not revealed any pricing of the tablet but we expect more information on the pricing availability of the tablet after Microsoft launches the Windows 8 OS on October 26.