Several smartphone brands, at the ongoing Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 in Barcelona, have unveiled their latest products. Well, Taiwan-based ASUS too has a couple of smartphones to show off, and, the company kicked off its MWC keynote with the unveiling of ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite.
The ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite is a mid-range smartphone. In terms of design, the ZenFone 5 Lite flaunts glass on the back and front that sandwiches the metal frame. The phone has 80.3% of screen-to-body ratio, and, it features a 6-inch display that has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels.
However, the biggest highlight of the ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite is the dual camera setup on the front and back. The dual camera setup on the rear is a combination of 16 MP + 8 MP camera, whereas, the dual camera setup on the front is a combination of 20 MP + 8 MP camera.
Well, this dual camera setup on the front and back of the ZenFone 5 Lite not only lets you take photos with bokeh effect, but, thanks to the secondary 8 MP 120-degree wide-angle lens on both the sides, you can also take photos that cover more area.
The ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite comes in two variants – one powered by Snapdragon 430 SoC and the other powered by Snapdragon 630 SoC – both of which are coupled with up to 4 GB RAM.
That said, the ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box which is a bummer, but, the company has said that it will roll-out the Oreo update soon. The ZenFone 5 Lite will be available in three colors – Moonlight White, Rouge Red and Midnight Black – and, will come with a 3300 mAh which juices the entire package.
ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 430/Snapdragon 630
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Operating System: ZenUI 4.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat (upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full View 2.5D Curved IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 8 MP (120-degree wide-angle lens) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP + 8 MP (120-degree wide-angle lens) with flash
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Colors: Moonlight White, Rouge Red, Midnight Black
- Battery: 3300 mAh
ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite Price and Availability
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: To be available from March. Exact dates will be announced locally