ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite announced with 6-inch Full View Display and Dual Cameras on Front and Back
Several smartphone brands, at the ongoing Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 in Barcelona, have unveiled their latest products. Well, Taiwan-based ASUS too has a couple of smartphones to show off, and, the company kicked off its MWC keynote with the unveiling of ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite.
The ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite is a mid-range smartphone. In terms of design, the ZenFone 5 Lite flaunts glass on the back and front that sandwiches the metal frame. The phone has 80.3% of screen-to-body ratio, and, it features a 6-inch display that has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels.
However, the biggest highlight of the ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite is the dual camera setup on the front and back. The dual camera setup on the rear is a combination of 16 MP + 8 MP camera, whereas, the dual camera setup on the front is a combination of 20 MP + 8 MP camera.
Well, this dual camera setup on the front and back of the ZenFone 5 Lite not only lets you take photos with bokeh effect, but, thanks to the secondary 8 MP 120-degree wide-angle lens on both the sides, you can also take photos that cover more area.
The ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite comes in two variants – one powered by Snapdragon 430 SoC and the other powered by Snapdragon 630 SoC – both of which are coupled with up to 4 GB RAM.
That said, the ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box which is a bummer, but, the company has said that it will roll-out the Oreo update soon. The ZenFone 5 Lite will be available in three colors – Moonlight White, Rouge Red and Midnight Black – and, will come with a 3300 mAh which juices the entire package.
ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 430/Snapdragon 630
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Operating System: ZenUI 4.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat (upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Display: 6-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full View 2.5D Curved IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 8 MP (120-degree wide-angle lens) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP + 8 MP (120-degree wide-angle lens) with flash
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Colors: Moonlight White, Rouge Red, Midnight Black
- Battery: 3300 mAh
ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite Price and Availability
- Price: To be announced
- Availability: To be available from March. Exact dates will be announced locally