ASUS ZenFone 5Z with 6.2-inch bezel-less 19:9 screen, dual cameras, Snapdragon 845, 8 GB RAM, and 256 GB storage announced at MWC 2018
Just after unveiling the ZenFone 5 Lite, ASUS has also introduced two new smartphones under ZenFone 5 series, the ZenFone 5Z and the ZenFone 5. ASUS has got its flagship ZenFone 5Z with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core SoC laced with a massive 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM and an extra-large 256 GB storage.
While rest of the things are taken from the actual ZenFone 5 itself, this is the higher-spec variant and being the flagship product of the company. It features a 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 with eight Kryo 385 cores with up to 8 GB RAM and a storage that goes as much as 256 GB. With Adreno 630, it has one of the fastest mobile GPUs on the planet.
The display on the ZenFone 5Z is a 6.2-inch Super IPS with bezel-less 19:9 screen using a resolution of Full HD+ (2246 x 1080 pixels). It packs a 3,300 mAh battery that supports fast charging via ASUS BoostMaster and uses AI charging to extend the battery lifespan by charging till 80% during sleeping hours.
The new ZenFone 5Z comes with the ZenUI 5 which is optimized for AI functions like AI Camera, AI Display, AI Ringtone, AI Boost, AI Charging, AI Photo Learning. ZeniMoji is a new addition to the ZenUI that resembles Apple’s Animoji, but with video calling and live streaming functions so that you can add your emoji avatar on social media live.
Cameras are the same as ZenFone 5, it equips dual (12 MP + 8 MP) cameras with one 12 MP main camera that supports AI Camera features with 16 different scenarios. The latter being an 8 MP camera for 120-degree wide-angle shots. The front camera is of 8 MP wide-angle for selfie needs.
Moreover, there’s Face Unlock feature along with fingerprint that works for gestures like swiping on it to drop the notification panel. Connectivity options include a type-C USB port, 3.5 mm headphones jack, FM Radio, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS. The ZenFone 5Z also features dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP amplifier, Hi-Res Audio of 192 kHz and 24 bits, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, and dual microphones.
The ASUS ZenFone 5Z will be made available in June 2018. As far as the pricing is concerned, the ZenFone 5Z will be priced at 479 Euros which is equivalent to Rs 38,000 or $585.
ASUS ZenFone 5Z Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch Super IPS+ display, Full HD+ resolution (2246 x 1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio
- Software: Android 8.0 Oreo, ZenUI 5, AI-Powered, upgradable to Android P
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- CPU: Octa-core Kryo 385 processor, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 4 GB or 6 GB or 8 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB internal, microSD card support up to 2 TB (SIM2)
- Main Camera: Dual Cameras (12 MP + 8 MP)
12 MP (RGB), f/1.8, 1.4um, Sony IMX363, 4-axis OIS, 5x high light sensitivity, 0.03s Dual Pixel PDAF, AI-powered, RAW support, 8 MP f/2.0, wide-angle 120-degree FOV, OmniVision OV8856, dual-tone LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, OmniVision OV8856, 83-degree wide-angle FOV
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, X20 LTE gigabit modem, Dual VoLTE-enabled, 2x Nano SIM (GSM)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 3.5 mm jack, FM Radio, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Audio: Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Battery: 3,300 mAh, ASUS BoostMaster fast charging, AI Charging
ASUS ZenFone 5Z Price & Availability
- Price: 479 Euros (~Rs 38,000)
- Availability: June 2018