Today is the day we all have waiting for when Research in Motion will take the centre stage and unveil its next generation of operating system called the BlackBerry 10 and the devices running on the OS.
And just hours before the official unveiling, the retail box of the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone has leaked giving us a look as to how the smartphone will be packed before we grab our hands on it.
The BlackBerry Z10 will arrive in a typical slim, black box with it sporting the ‘Z10’ in bold letters on the exterior while the smartphone is housed inside. We do not have any idea as to what accessories will the smartphone come bundled with but we expect the usual combo of the charger, USB cable, headphones, possibly a cover for the smartphone and the guides.
Going by the numerous leaks we have seen in the past, the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is said to pack in the following specifications:
- 4.2-inch capacitive display
- Display resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels,
- Pixel density of 356PPI
- Powered by a 1.5GHz Dual Core TI OMAP 4470 / Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 16/32 GB internal memory
- Hot Swappable microSD Slot
- Ambient Light Detector Accelerometer Magnetometer Gyroscope Face Detect for phone calls
- 8MP Autofocus camera with LED Flash
- 2MP Front Facing camera
- NFC, microUSB, microHDMI-Out, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi
- 1800 mAh battery
We are definitely excited to see as to what RIM officially has in store for us. Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook to stay in sync with all the latest from the BlackBerry 10 launch event tonight and for other news from the world of mobiles and telecom.