Expedia which is a popular online travel agency has announced an update to its Expedia Hotels app for the iPhone and Android OS, which adds full support for iPad and Android tablets.
The app was launched this year on the iPhone and Android platforms, and has been downloaded almost two million times.
The tablet-optimized launch comes at a time when travellers are choosing more and more to bring their tablet on trips, rather than a laptop. For those on the road or in their living room, Expedia Hotels helps customers quickly pin point, research and book more than 145,000 hotels, via its intuitive app. The entire booking process, from start to finish, requires only four taps.
Key features of the app:
- Real-time availability of more than 1, 30,000 hotels worldwide
- High-Resolution Hotel Photos
- One-tap ability to compare multiple hotel details and locations
- Secure booking in four taps
- Ability to see all available hotel rooms and suites in vicinity via GPS through an interactive map layout
- Filter by price, distance, hotel name, and traveller rating
- Access to the Expedia library of more than 4 million individual traveller reviews
- Amenities, directions and detailed descriptions for every hotel
- User information is automatically saved to simplify future booking
- Localised for 16 languages worldwide including Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Indonesian/Bahasa, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay/Bahase, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Dowload the app for iPhone over here and Android over here.