General Mobile announces GM 5 Plus Android One smartphone with Snapdragon 617 SoC and 3 GB RAM
With the Android One program Google wanted to provide pure Android experience to the people without having to shell out more money. The Android One smartphones provided pure Android experience to the users at a budget (around $100). Now, yet another Android One smartphone has been announced, but, this one is priced higher than the initial Android One smartphones. The GM 5 Plus is an Android One smartphone which has got better specs.
General Mobile’s GM 5 Plus is powered by Snapdragon 617 SoC which is accompanied by 3 GB of RAM and backed by Adreno 405 GPU. It boasts off a 5.5-inch Full-HD display and runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (of course, its Android One after all).
The GM 5 Plus sports 13 MP rear camera and 13 MP front camera, both of which are tuned with DxO Mark. It has 32 GB of internal storage and the external storage can be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. The GM 5 Plus has a metal frame along with textured back.
General Mobile GM 5 Plus specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 617 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13 MP auto-focus with dual flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP auto-focus with flash
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4.5G, LTE-A, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3100 mAh Quick Charge 3.0
“Our success and experience with the GM 4G on the Android One platform has pushed us to take a more serious step. Now with the GM Plus 5, we will put this device, with the highest price-performance rate, into the market of 15 countries. Until the end of 2016, we aim to reach buyers in 45 countries.” said Sebahattin Yaman, Chairman of General Mobile.
The GM 5 Plus will go on sale in April. It will be sold for €199 in Europe, whereas it will cost for TRY 999 (around $340) in Turkey.