The Gionee S6 Pro which was unveiled in China back in June this year has now been launched today in India.
The S6 Pro is powered by MediaTek’s MT6755M octa-core processor which is clocked at 1.8 GHz and is paired with 4 GB RAM. The device flaunts a metallic unibody design and a “3D camberline” back. The S6 Pro boasts a 5.5-inch Full-HD display and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. It also has a Fingerprint Scanner housed on the home button.
The S6 Pro supports VR (Virtual Reality) and comes pre-loaded with Gionee VR app to offer VR viewing experience to its users. Gionee has also introduced the VR Headset so that the users can enjoy VR content along with their S6 Pro. The VR ready games and videos can be downloaded from the G-Store (VR).
“At Gionee we believe in redefining the smartphone experience by launching products that are intuitive, future ready, stylish and high on performance. Our promise is to make smiles by addressing all the evolving needs of the new age smartphone users. The S6 Pro is a perfect amalgamation of style and performance and is designed for the urbane selfie generation. With the S6 Pro we are re-emphasizing our commitment towards our consumers to offer feature led innovative devices.” said Mr. Arvind R.Vohra, MD & Country CEO, Gionee India.
Gionee S6 Pro specifications:
- CPU: 1.8 GHz MediaTek MT6755M octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Mali-T860 MP2
- Operating System: Amigo 3.2 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 2.5D curved glass
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with Screen Flash
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G, VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Hybrid Dual SIM, USB Type-C
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold
- Battery: 3130 mAh
The Gionee S6 Pro also comes with a free three month subscription of Saavn Pro. The S6 Pro comes with a price tag of ₹23,999 whereas the VR Headset is priced at ₹2499. The device will be available for purchase from October 1 across retail stores in India.