Gmail app for iOS is back in the Apple App Store
But now Google has announced that the Gmail app is back on the App Store and the bug has been fixed. Google has said that it has received a lot of helpful feedback from users.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
The Gmail app supports iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and can run on all devices running iOS 4+. If you already have the Gmail app 1.0.1 released on 2 Nov, you will need to uninstall or log out of the old app prior to installing the new app.
You can download the latest v1.0.1 from here.