But now Google has announced that the Gmail app is back on the App Store and the bug has been fixed. Google has said that it has received a lot of helpful feedback from users.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labelling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
The Gmail app supports iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and can run on all devices running iOS 4+. If you already have the Gmail app 1.0.1 released on 2 Nov, you will need to uninstall or log out of the old app prior to installing the new app.
You can download the latest v1.0.1 from here.