Earlier today, Google announced Nexus 9 tablet running the latest Android Version 5, called ‘Lollipop’. The new Nexus tablet is made by HTC as rumored earlier. This is Taiwanese manufacturer’s first Nexus device after the very first Nexus one and also the first tablet since 7-inch Flyer which was eventually a failure for the manufacturer. Take a look.
The new tablet boasts a bigger and more squarish 8.9 inch display. The build is very thin and Google claims it is very light to carry in one hand only (seems like inspired from iPad Air). Here are the detailed specification of Nexus 9 Tablet.
- Size- 8.9 x 6.05 x 0.31 inches
- Weight- Wifi version 425 grams, LTE version 436 grams
- Display- 8.9 inches (2048 x 1536), 4:3 aspect ratio
- Processor- NVIDIA Tegra K1 64-bit dual-core processor at 2.3 GHz LTE model uses Qualcomm MDM9625M modem
- Operating system- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Memory- 16GB and 32GB for Wifi-only, 32GB for LTE
- RAM- 2GB DDR3
- Network- HSPA+/LTE
- Connectivity- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, Wifi 802.11ac, Chromecast
- Camera- 8MP rear with BSI, f/2.4, 1080p video 1.6MP front, BSI, 720p video
- Sound- Front-facing BoomSound speakers
- Battery- 6,700 mAh Li-polymer
- Accessories- Keyboard Folio, cover
Google and HTC also announced the folio cover for the Nexus 9 Tablet which according to Google, gets attached to the tablet using some magnet mechanism and also folds in two ways to let the tablet sit on your lap. It has a keyboard in it, increasing the productivity of the tablet. Well, we have seen such covers from Microsoft. The Nexus 9’s starting model will be available for $399 which is roughly 25k INR. So are you looking forward to get one?