Hands on: Sony Xperia Z
Earlier today, Sony went on to launch its flagship Xperia Z smartphone in India for Rs.38,990 and we went hands-on with the dustproof and waterproof smartphone. The Sony Xperia Z has been launched in 3 color options: Black, White and Purple.
The first thing which you will notice about the Sony Xperia Z is that the large 5-inch full-HD display which is powered by Sony Bravia Mobile Engine 2 with OptiContrast Technology.
Once you hold the Xperia Z in your hands, the first thing that strikes you is that the device feels very light and it measures just 7.9mm thick. The Sony Xperia Z packs in a 13 MP camera with Exmor RS Sensor and LED Flash while a front facing 2 MP camera for video calls has been included next to the earpiece.
As you could have noticed, all the ports viz. microUSB port, 3.5mm audio jack are all covered and this helps the Xperia Z from letting any water or dust into the device.
Rounding up the specification of the Sony Xperia Z:
- 5-inch full HD display with OptiContrast Technology
- Display resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 13 MP Camera with LED Flash, Exmor RS Sensor
- 16 GB internal memory
- Expandable up to 64 GB via microSD card
- Ingress Protection (IP) rating of IP55 and IP57
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out-of-the-box, upgradable to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- LTE, NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- 2330 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia Z will be available for prospective buyers starting March 12th, 2013 across India and at Rs.38,990, the device is a great buy. Your thoughts?