HTC One A9s unveiled with Helio P10 SoC, HD display and fingerprint scanner
Two days ago, we talked about the leaked render of the HTC One A9s and also said that the device would be unveiled on September 1 i.e., today. Well, as expected, HTC has unveiled the One A9s today which is a successor the One A9 launched last year.
The One A9s comes with MediaTek’s Helio P10 SoC under the hood along with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. The One A9s is offered in two models, one with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage whereas the other with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB internal storage. If that much internal storage is not enough, users can expand the storage up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card at any time.
The device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC’s Sense UI on top. It features a 5-inch display having HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution. A downgrade from Full-HD display found on One A9. The One A9s flaunts a full metal body and sports a fingerprint scanner on the front.
It comes with a 13 MP primary camera at the back which is moved to the left of the device which makes it look more like an iPhone than before. For selfies and video calls, you get a 5 MP secondary camera on the front. Providing juice to this entire package is the 2300 mAh battery, which again, is an upgrade from 2150 mAh battery on the One A9.
HTC One A9s specifications:
- CPU: 2.0 GHz MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- GPU: Mali-T860 MP2
- Operating System: HTC Sense UI based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) Super LCD display with Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: 13 MP auto-focus with LED flash, BSI sensor and f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, Gold, Silver
- Battery: 2300 mAh
While there’s no word on pricing and availability as of yet, HTC has said that the One A9s will be launched globally, including the US. HTC also said that the One A9s will be cheaper than the launch price of One A9 which had a price tag of $499 at the time of launch.