Alongside launching the U Ultra in India today with a price tag of ₹59,990 , HTC has also launched the U Play in the country with a price tag of ₹39,990.
The U Play is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P10 SoC which is paired with 4 GB RAM, and for graphics processing, it’s backed by Mali-T860 GPU. The device boots up to Android 7.0 Nougat and packs a 2500 mAh battery. Like the U Ultra, the U Play also has glossy back and lacks 3.5 mm audio jack.
The U Play doesn’t come with dual displays like the U Ultra, but instead, it only sports a 5.2-inch Full-HD display. Like the U Ultra, the U Play features a 16 MP Ultrapixel camera at the front for selfies and video calls. For regular shots, you have a 16 MP standard camera at the back. Features like HTC Sense Companion and HTC USonic are present as well.
HTC U Play specifications:
- CPU: 1.8 GHz MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: HTC Sense UI based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.2-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super LCD display with Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: 16 MP with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and OIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP Ultrapixel
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 TB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual-Hybrid SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: HTC Sense Companion, HTC USonic, USB Type-C, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Iceberg White, Indigo Blue, Cosmic Pink Gold, Black Oil
- Battery: 2500 mAh with Fast Charging
HTC U Play Price and Availability:
- Price: ₹39,990
- Availability: To be available from mid-March