After unveiling the U Ultra last month at an event held in Taiwan, HTC is all set to launch the device in India next week on 21 and has started sending press invites to the media for the same.
The HTC U Ultra is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 processor which is clocked at 2.15 GHz and is paired with 4 GB RAM. It runs on HTC’s Sense UI out of the box which is based on Android 7.0. Nougat. The device boasts a 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) display which is kept on by a 3000 mAh battery. It also has a secondary display which has a resolution of 160 x 1040 pixels.
Also, like Apple, HTC has ditched the 3.5 mm audio jack on the U Ultra and you now have to rely on the USB Type-C port to be able to listen to music through earphones. Talking about music, the U Ultra comes with HTC’s USonic which adjusts the sound for user’s experience for a more personalized experience. The U Ultra is priced at $749 in the US, however, there’s no information about its pricing in India.
HTC U Ultra specifications:
- CPU: 2.15 GHz Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: HTC Sense UI based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Primary Display: 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super LCD 5 display
- Secondary Display: 2.0-inch display with resolution of 160 x 1040 pixels
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Ultrapixel with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, laser auto-focus and OIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP Ultrapixel
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (Gorilla Glass 5 variant), 128 GB (Sapphire Glass variant)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 TB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual-Hybrid SIM (Nano + Nano/microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Other: HTC BoomSound, HTC USonic, USB Type-C, Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, Blue, Pink, White
- Battery: 3000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
Alongside the U Ultra, HTC had also unveiled the U Play last month, however, we are not sure whether HTC will launch it in India next week along with the U Ultra.