Last year in May, Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei launched the Huawei Y7 smartphone with 4000 mAh battery. Now, the company has announced yet another smartphone in its Y series, dubbed, Huawei Y9 (2018).
The Huawei Y9 (2018) sports a design that’s similar to the recently announced smartphones like the Huawei Enjoy 7S. The Y9 (2018) flaunts smaller bezels and features a 5.93-inch display that has an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels.
There’s no fingerprint scanner on the front of the phone below the display due to smaller bezels, hence, it’s located at the back. The back of the phone is made out of metal, and, is home to dual camera setup which consists of one 13 MP camera and one 2 MP camera. The second camera is used to capture depth information to help you take photos with Bokeh Effect.
Well, the Huawei Y9 (2018) has a dual camera setup on the front as well. However, this one’s a combination of 16 MP and 2 MP cameras.
That said, the Huawei Y9 (2018) is powered by the company’s homegrown, mid-range Kirin 659 SoC which is mated to 3 GB of RAM. The smartphone comes with 32 GB of internal storage and boots up to Android 8.0 Oreo that’s layered with EMUI 8.0 atop.
Lastly, the Huawei Y9 (2018) is offered in three colors – Black, Blue, Gold – and, it ships with a huge 4000 mAh battery that provides fuel to the entire package.
Huawei Y9 (2018) Specifications
- CPU: Kirin 659 SoC
- RAM: 3 GB
- Operating System: EMUI 8.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.93-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Full-Screen Display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP + 2 MP
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold
- Battery: 4000 mAh
Huawei Y9 (2018) Price and Availability
- Price: To be announced (said to be priced at €200 which is around ₹16,000)
- Availability: Available in Thailand. No word on availability in other markets