Infinix Hot S3 Hands-on [Images]
Infinix, the smartphone brand owned by Transsion Holdings, has launched its selfie centric phone – Infinix Hot S3 with 20 MP front camera aided by dual LED flash. The company has already launched a series of smartphones in India including the flagship Infinix Zero5 and Zero5 Pro, now adding a selfie phone to its stable. Here’s the new Infinix Hot S3 smartphone below.
Infinix Hot S3 Specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch FullView IPS Display, HD+ resolution (1440 x 720 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass
- Software: Hummingbird XOS 3.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, on the back
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 3 GB or 4 GB, LPDDR3
- Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM), Expandable via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 13 MP with dual-LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 20 MP with dual-LED flash, Beauty Mode and Bokeh Effect
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, dual nano SIM cards, VoLTE-enabled
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5 mm audio jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Battery: 4,000 mAh (non-removable)
- Price: ₹8,999 (3 GB RAM & 32 GB Storage), ₹10,999 (4 GB RAM & 64 GB Storage)
- Availability: Available exclusively on Flipkart from February 12
Priced at ₹8,999, it’s clear that the company wants to offer selfie features in a budget segment. There’s a quite less competition in this range, Infinix Hot S3 has a greater advantage of its the selfie phone tagline. The main highlight of the phone is itself the 20 MP low-light selfie camera with dual LED flash.
Moving to the specifications, the Infinix Hot S3, as a budget smartphone, offers a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core SoC paired with either 3 GB RAM (with 32 GB storage) or 4 GB RAM (with 64 GB storage) depending upon the variant. The price for the latter 64 GB variant is ₹10,999 which sounds convincing. Further, it packs a large 4,000 mAh battery ensuring that the phone will last long.
As for its design, it features a metallic unibody design with a sleek matte finish back. On flipping the phone, as you can see, the display has least bezels. The Infinix Hot S3 sports a 5.7-inch FullView display with HD+ resolution and 2.5D curved glass. With the Infinity display, there’s the newer aspect ratio i.e. 18:9 which is according to the current smartphone trends. No physical touch keys are provided on the front, all you have is the on-screen navigation buttons. The back has a fingerprint scanner for additional security.
For the rear camera, it features a 13 MP rear-facing camera with again dual LED flash. Unlike the rear camera, the front camera takes bokeh shots i.e. the selfies create a bokeh effect in the background. The front camera also takes low-light selfies meaning the dual LED flash comes into action when there’s less intensity of light.
Another highlight of the phone is the operating system, the Infinix Hot S3 runs on Hummingbird XOS 3.0 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. It also offers a dedicated microSD slot so that you can expand the storage without losing the dual SIM functionality.
Coming to the sides, the right side carries a power button and volume control, while the left side area has a SIM tray that holds two nano SIM cards and a microSD card. On the top, there is a 3.5 mm headphones jack while the bottom has a micro USB port, not the type-C which is now the new USB standard on smartphones.
The pricing of the Infinix Hot S3 is priced considerably well which now also stand up against the budget phones from Xiaomi. Since the selfie camera is the USP of this phone, it also tackles the competes with the Vivo and Oppo phones available in the market. In addition to that, the Android Oreo out-of-the-box and the large 4,000 mAh battery appears to be a compelling package.
What do you think about this phone? Let us know in the comments below.