HTC U11+ with Snapdragon 835 SoC, 6 GB RAM and Android 8.0 Oreo launched in India
Last year in June, Taiwanese smartphone brand HTC launched its HTC U11 flagship smartphone in India with a price tag of ₹51,990. Now today, the company has launched the HTC U11+ in India which was announced last November.
As the name suggests, the HTC U11+ is a larger variant of the HTC U11, and hence, it comes with a larger screen and battery. While the U11 came with a 5.5-inch Quad-HD screen and a 3000 mAh battery, the U11+ comes with a 6-inch Quad-HD+ screen and 3930 mAh battery.
Well, its worth noting here that the U11 came with a display that had an aspect ratio of 16:9, whereas, the U11+ comes with a display that has 18:9 aspect ratio which is more popular these days.
In terms of design, the HTC U11+, like the U11, also flaunts liquid glass surface that makes the phone look beautiful. Moreover, the back of the phone also consists of layers of highly-refractive minerals because of which you see different colors at different angles.
That said, the HTC U11+ is powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC which is paired with 6 GB RAM. The U11 launched last year in India also comes with this same chip and amount of RAM. However, while the U11 booted up to Android 7.1.1 Nougat, the HTC U11+ boots up to Android 8.0 Oreo which is layered with HTC’s Sense UI atop.
As far as optics are concerned, the HTC U11+ sports a 12 MP UltraPixel 3 camera at the back which supports both Optical Image Stabilization as well as Electronic Image Stabilization. For selfies and video calls, you get an 8 MP camera on the front that has an 85° field of view.
Having said that, the HTC U11+ comes with 128 GB of internal storage, and, also comes with IP68 dust and water resistance. Besides, it also comes with Edge Sense that lets you squeeze the phone to perform different actions. Moreover, the U11+ also comes with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
Like we already said, the U11+ ships with a 3930 mAh battery which draws power from a USB Type-C port, however, there’s no 3.5 mm headphone jack, hence, you won’t be able to charge your phone and listen to music through headphones at the same time.
HTC U11+ Specifications
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: HTC Sense based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 6-inch Quad-HD+ (2880 x 1440 pixels) Super LCD 6 display with Gorilla Glass 5, DCI-P3 wide color gamut and pixel density of 537 ppi
- Rear Camera: 12 MP HTC UltraPixel 3 with UltraSpeed Autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, BSI Sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, Electronic Image Stabilization, RAW support, HDR Boost, 4K video recording, Acoustic Focus, 1080p Slow-Mo video at 120 fps, and, Dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with 85° field of view, f/2.0 aperture, BSI Sensor and HDR Boost
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/n/ac, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IP68 dust and water resistance, Edge Sense, Sense Companion, USonic with Active Noise Cancellation, BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, Hi-Res Audio Stereo Recording, aptX HD support
- Color: Amazing Silver
- Battery: 3930 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
HTC U11+ Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹56,990
- Availability: Available exclusively on Flipkart from February 7