Earlier this month, we saw the Karbonn A30 phablet with a huge 5.9-inch display appeared over online retailer Saholic for Rs.11,500.
And today, Karbonn has officially announced the launch of the world’s first 5.9-inch smartphone, the Karbonn A30 ‘Ta Fone’ in India which is powered by a 1 GHz Cortex A9 dual-core processor coupled with 512 MB RAM.
The Ta Fone runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and packs in an 8 MP camera with LED Flash and 1.3 MP front facing camera.
The Karbonn A30 arrives with the following specifications:
- 5.9-inch TFT LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Display resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby
- 2GB internal memory
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
- 8 MP Autofocus camera with LED Flash
- 1.3 MP front facing camera
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G connectivity
- 2500 mAh battery
The Karbonn A30 Ta Fone comes loaded with pre-embedded apps which include Facebook, Kingsoft Office, NextGtv, Saavn, PayTM, WhatsApp, Karbonn Smart Browser and more. Karbonn has priced the smartphone at Rs.12,990 and is now available all over the country.