Chinese technology brand Lenovo is very well known for its laptops. However, that’s not the only category of product Lenovo is into. This company sells smartphones as well, and, the latest one coming out of Lenovo’s stable is the Lenovo S5.
The Lenovo S5 is a mid-range smartphone, and, the design of this smartphone is in line with most modern day smartphones – thanks to the 5.7-inch full-screen display having 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. And yes, the good thing about the Lenovo S5 is that it doesn’t come with iPhone X-like notch – something that we have been witnessing a lot on smartphones from Chinese OEMs.
That said, the phone boasts a uni-body construction and is made out of 6000 series aerospace grade aluminium alloy. Moreover, from the back, it does remind us of the OnePlus 5T. Anyways though, moving on, the Lenovo S5 has Snapdragon 625 SoC underneath which is mated to either 3 or 4 GB RAM. The 3 GB RAM variant comes with 32 GB of internal storage whereas the 4 GB RAM variant comes with 64 GB of internal storage.
Furthermore, the Lenovo S5 runs ZUI 3.7 out of the box which is based on Android Oreo, and, providing juice to this entire package is a 3000 mAh battery which draws power from a USB Type-C port.
Speaking about photography, there’s a dual camera setup at the back which consists of two 13 MP cameras – one RGB and one Monochrome – and, needless to say, it also has support for Bokeh Effect which lets you take photos with blurred background. That said, for selfies and video calls, Lenovo gives you a 16 MP snapper on the front which has 80.2-degree wide-angle lens.
Lenovo S5 Specifications
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: ZUI 3.7 based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.7-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 2.5D curved glass and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (RGB) + 13 MP (Monochrome) with f/2.2 aperture, Bokeh Mode and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.2 aperture and 80.2-degree wide-angle lens
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64/128 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano-SIM + microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Colors: Red, Black
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Lenovo S5 Price and Availability
- Price of 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage variant: ¥999 (around $157/₹10,290)
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ¥1199 (around $190/₹12,350)
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: ¥1499 (around $236/₹15,440)
- Availability: Goes on sale in China from March 23. No word on availability in other markets