Earlier this month we saw a confidential document leak from inside of Lenovo which suggested that there is a ThinkPad branded Windows 8 OS running tablet on its way.
And today things have gone official as the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 was unveiled to the world in full glory.
The ThinkPad Tablet 2 will go on to eventually replace the original ThinkPad which runs on the Android OS and Windows 8 has taken its place. The specifications of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 go on to match the previously leaked ones which include:
- 10.1-inch screen IPS display
- Display resolution of 1,366 x 768
- Dual-core Intel Atom processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 64GB of storage
- 8 MP camera at rear, 2 MP front facing
- 9.8mm thick
- Optional support for pen input
- NFC, 3G / 4G connectivity
- Fingerprint reader
- Dock which includes a keyboard
- Micro HDMI, 3 USB ports, and an Ethernet jack
The tablet is set to arrive in October alongside the Windows 8 OS, which will go public on October 26. No details on the pricing of the Tablet 2 have been revealed yet and we expect it to happen only at the time of launch.